Sunday, March 16, 2008

Week 7

March 8, 2008


More serpentines! Hmmm... not as easy this week. In fact, this week's work made us look like we had never seen them before!


Now that the equipment is not in classic positioning, everything becomes much harder. I find that I am moving backwards now, which I know I shouldn't. Apache seems to take the first bar down over and over again. I must be turning as he is in the air.





We had an interesting discussion regarding layering. In the course we were working with there was a jump that was perpendicular to the line of jumps we were doing. One of our classmates, had trained with Greg Derrick and reminded us that we shouldn't layer in that system. I do use layering with Apache. Not often, and if I can avoid layering I will.



In Apache's case, I know that he needs a lot of personal "space". If I go into his space, it pushes him away from me. If I were to run on the inside of this jump (rather than layering) I may very well push Apache right off the jump. Even if I didn't push him off it completely, it certainly pushes him to the far side of the jump rather than down the middle as you would expect from a straight line of jumps.




I was disappointed that we ran out of time to work on the last sequence. I had analysed it as required and found:
2,3,4 serpentine
8,9,10 pinwheel
11, 12 threadle
12, 13,14 serpentine
15, 16, 17 pinwheel
I did not identify any 270's.

No comments: