Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Third Theresa Rector Seminar

March 15

Apache and I are off to Royacker's again for the third part of the Theresa Rector Running Contacts seminar.

With all the snow PILED up this winter and no real indoor location available for practise, we haven't made much progress since the last session. I was, however, very excited to get the next set of directions. Today we learned how to fade the props, transition to the competition ring and maintain the running contacts.

The people who have had access to renting a facility have made a HUGE improvement. It is really exciting to see just how far they have come. I can't wait to have a chance to work on it more.

I also saw just how important the verbal left and right directions are and have been inspired to get my butt in gear to train them a whole lot better than they are now.

No comments: