Thursday, March 6, 2008

Theresa Rector Seminar

February 16

We are off to Royacker's for our second session with Theresa Rector. Today is just for people interested in running contacts. We haven't done nearly as much practise as I wanted to but with with everything else that has happened this month I'm okay with that.




The little dogs have really progressed a long way. Apache and the other big dog, a border collie have the most room for improvement. Apache needs to spend a lot more time working with the box on the flat with me working on lateral distance and with me running while he maintains his job.








As the next video shows, Apache must really compress his stride to keep it in the required space. I have feeling that this will be an ongoing battle. When Apache gets excited, he opens up both in stride and speed and just plain silliness.





We did the first bit on the A-frame. I really have to work with getting Apache to drop his head. He wants to keep it up and when it is up, he jumps. The good news is, when his head is down, he does a great job.





If you are wondering why I left his leash on, it was because another dog was working on the other side of the aframe which made me more than a little nervous.



Two people in our group will be representing Canada in Belgium this year. Kinda cool to train with people at that level.

No comments: